Monday, August 14, 2006

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening.
- Robert Frost.


Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.


My little horse must think it's queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there's some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

--

This is one of my favourite poems, after John Milton's "On His Blindness"

5 comments:

  1. Considering the amount of workload you have taken, I wonder if you actually do sleep ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in this very context that i posted this poem. :D

    The last stanza is very motivating... just replace
    " the woods are lovely, dark, and deep",
    with
    "the bed is warm ,cozy, and inviting"
    that sums up my situation

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i pity the hosre..;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:49 am

    the bed is warm ,cozy, and inviting

    Very well said!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pity the hosre..;-)

    I will convey your sympathies to the horse :D

    ReplyDelete